Skip to content
- Secure the band and stand as above, however this time move in closer to the fixing point. Put your left leg through the band and move this leg away from your right leg working your abductor muscles on the outside of your leg.
- To strengthen in Transverse Abduction
- Sit on a chair/bench, knees together.
- Attach band (which is now attached to a solid object at knee/hip height) to your right knee.
- Push your knee away from the middle of your body against resistance.
- Check out my Sports Injury Website for stretch of the Week
- Secure the band and stand tall as above, this time to the left of the fixing point, put your right leg through the band.
- Move the right leg in front of, and across your left leg, working the adductor muscles in your inner right thigh.
- Keep your leg extended throughout.
- To strengthen in Transverse Adduction
- Sit on a chair/bench, knees apart.
- Attach a band (which is now attached to a solid object at knee/hip height) to your left knee.
- Pull your knee towards the middle of your body against resistance. Check out the relevant Stretching Exercise on my Sports Injury Website.