This exercise constitutes part of the Alfredson Protocol. The only way to beat Achilles Tendinitis. The first calf stretch you need to accompany it is on my Sports injury website
- This exercise strengthens the calf muscles (Gastrocnemius and Soleus).
- Stand with your feet on the floor, shoulder width apart, your hands close to something to hold on to.
- Rise up on to your tip toes as high as possible. Slowly lower your heels back down to the floor. You should be able to progress quite quickly with this one but build up steadily, aim for 3 sets of 10.
- Progression 1: You can then progress to performing on single legs.
- Progression 2: You can also perform these on a step so that the heels drop down below the level of the step (as illustrated).